Top 10 Reasons to Get Your Booster
No matter what your interests or personality, you can find a great reason (or three) to take the small amount of time necessary to get your COVID booster. What’s yours?
- The Pragmatist You know that immunity wanes over time. For a quick little stick, you will refresh your immunity and help ensure that any case of COVID you get will be mild. It’s a small price to pay.
- The Sports Head You have a team-oriented approach to problems, and you are ready to do the work. Your booster will help keep transmission of COVID in your community low. And that’s a win for everybody.
- The Routine Lover School closures, working remotely, favorite annual events cancelled… You hate all of the disruption COVID has caused. You are getting the booster so we can all safely return to normal life.
- Thrill Seeker Concerts, nightclubs, travel, and big sporting events. You want to go back to doing all of the stuff that makes life worth living and not worry about how a case of COVID could wreck your next big adventure.
- The Caregiver You have neighbors, friends, and loved ones who are vulnerable to a serious case of COVID. They rely on you, and you want to do everything you can to protect them.
- The Scientist You are all about the data. Vaccines and boosters work, and it is as clear as black and white.
- The Worker You can’t afford to miss 2 weeks of work dealing with a COVID infection. What a hassle! There’s work to be done and money to be made. You’re ready to roll up your sleeve and get it done.
- The Foodie Getting COVID would really cramp your enjoyment of your favorite foods, a.k.a., the meaning of life as you know it. You are going to get your booster and toast your health over a beautiful meal.
- The Empath You feel for the dedicated healthcare workers in your community. They are working so hard to care for your neighbors, both with COVID and other illnesses, and you want to support their efforts.
- The Bargain Hunter Not only is the COVID booster free, it keeps you safe as you scour the shelves and sale racks of your favorite shops. It’s like a complimentary upgrade!
The only thing left to do is to schedule your appointment or walk in. Visit https://svhealthcare.org/COVID-Resource-Center for complete details. And share your reasons for getting the booster with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donna Barron, RN, is the infection preventionist at Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington.