COVID-19 Vaccine Info for Healthcare Workers
SVMC has been vaccinating our community's healthcare workers (HCW) since December 16th. Being immunized against the coronavirus helps protect you, your family, and patients.
As we deploy the vaccine to healthcare workers, please know that:
- As of 1/21/2021, we have vaccinated over 2,700 healthcare workers (HCW).
- Only HCW who live and work within our service area (map below) may receive the vaccine. You will be asked to register with your zip code, and may be asked for proof of zip code (a driver’s license, for instance) before receiving the vaccine.
- The state has provided guidance on prioritizing HCW based on risk of acquiring and transmitting the virus causing COVID-19.
- We have been vaccinating those at highest risk and anticipate this will take up to 3 weeks.
- Appointments are dependent on expected vaccine arrival. If we do not receive your dose, your appointment will be rescheduled.
- Those who have had COVID-19 should wait 75 days from the onset of COVID symptoms before getting vaccinated.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you are feeling ill.
- See the fact sheets for the vaccines at the following links: Pfizer and Moderna
Regional Healthcare Workers (HCW) can now schedule to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Reminder: Do not schedule a vaccine appointment if feeling ill.
We need most people—not just some people—to be vaccinated in order to start saving lives and preventing people from getting very sick. The greater number of people who get vaccinated early, the quicker we can enjoy traveling and interacting closely with one another.