Office of Human Resources
100 Hospital Drive, Bennington, VT 05201
Phone: (802) 447-5044
Fax: (802) 447-5538
Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
For directions to SVHC Human Resources, click here.
For appointments at SVMC Human Resources, park in parking area F or H and enter through the Main Entrance.
Since opening its doors nearly 100 years ago, Southwestern Vermont Medical Center has offered the residents of Southern Vermont, Eastern New York State, and the Northern Berkshire County of Massachusetts access to exceptional, safe, and affordable health care.
Accredited by the Joint Commission, we operate five campuses, and employ nearly 1,200 people—making us the largest employer in Southwestern Vermont.
As an employer, we foster an environment based on great people. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning, development, and career growth with the goal of keeping every employee engaged. This approach is working. In 2015, we were the first hospital ever to be named of Vermont Business Magazine’s Best Places to Work.
Here are just a few of the other reasons our employees and patients are happy to be here:
- Ranked by Medicare in the top 4% of hospitals nationwide for quality, value, safety, and patient satisfaction and the highest in Northern New England
- A 100% board-certified medical staff
- Medical services are provided by Dartmouth-Hitchcock Putnam Physicians, a renowned multi-specialty physicians group
- Vermont’s first Magnet hospital for nursing excellence and the state’s only three-time designee
- Access to one of only three National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer centers in all of New England through a partnership with Dartmouth-Hitchcock