On August 16, 1916, the cornerstone for Southwestern Vermont Medical Center was laid and commemorated with a groundbreaking ceremony. The hospital opened on June 10, 1918. As we approach our Centennial in 2018, we celebrate our founding donors, Henry W. Putnam and his son, Henry W. Putnam, Jr., and their unheralded vision and generosity.
The Centennial Society will assemble a league of visionary philanthropists celebrated for their foresight, generosity, and steadfast commitment to exceptional health care in our region. Like our hospital founders, the Putnams, the Centennial Society will be a family of distinguished donors whose unparalleled philanthropy will echo through generations.