The best defense is a good offense. That's never more true than with workplace injuries. It's better for business and better for employees to prevent injury than deal with it after it happens.
SVMC's Occupational Health experts offer the best thinking in injury prevention. And, when that occasional injury happens, we're there for diagnosis and treatment, too.
Here's some of what we offer area businesses:
- Acute care follow-up
- Pre-placement examinations/fitness for duty evaluations
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals
- Drug and Alcohol testing
- Clinical management of workers' compensation cases
- Individualized "light duty" recommendations
- BACK TO WORK work hardening program
- Physical and Occupational Therapy services
- Return to work assessments/examinations
- Ergonomic analysis of specific work stations
- Assistance in complying with medically-related OSHA regulations:
- Blood-borne Pathogens plans, lead levels, pulmonary function testing, etc.
- Vaccinations, including Hepatitis B
- Audiometric services: employee hearing tests, advice on protection devices
- Assistance with employee health policy development
- Safety education programs
- Mental health services
- Second medical opinion for work-related injuries and diseases
- Smoking cessation
For more information about any of our programs, or to schedule an on-site consultation, call the Occupational Health Office at (802) 447-5317.