Southwestern Vermont Health Care is recognized by the most respected organizations in health care today. Listed below are our recent accolades, awards and accomplishments:
- Medicare’s Value-Based Purchasing Program—which scores hospitals on quality, safety, patient satisfaction, and value—placed Southwestern Vermont Medical Center (SVMC) in the top four percent of hospitals nationwide in 2014 and higher than any other hospital in Northern New England.
- We are accredited by The Joint Commission.
- SVMC is Vermont’s first Magnet® hospital and only three-time Magnet designee.
- Through our partnership with Dartmouth-Hitchcock, our patients have access to one of only three National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer centers in New England.
- Our Cancer Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
- SVMC’s Breast Care Program is the only one in Vermont accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
- SVMC’s emergency physicians are certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine.
- SVMC Imaging is ACR Certified in breast ultrasound, stereotactic, ultrasound, CT scan, mammography, MRI, nuclear medicine, PET, and is a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
- SVHC was the first hospital ever to be named one of Vermont Business Magazine’s Best Places to Work in Vermont in 2015.